Tuesday, January 4, 2011

9/52 - 26 Months Old

Write up later.

Let's see if I can remember the past week.

On Wednesday, Jon stayed home sick with Isobel while I went to work. Isobel had managed to re-gift her Christmas cold to Jon. We also turned in the keys to the old place.

We were both back to work on Thursday. Robyn and the kids came over to watch Isobel for us. Since it was slow at Jon's work and he was still not feeling well, he left early. In the evening, April and Bobby came over for a game and Thurn and Taxis before we ventured out in the cold for dinner at Dinesty with them. Dinner was very yummy and Isobel liked the soup pork dumplings and the steamed bread with condensed milk.

Friday was New Year's Eve. I got off work early. Jon also got off an hour earlier than normal. We picked up Matty and some pizza for the evening. Played board games and Isobel watched her shows and played. Jon drove Matty home (he's recovering from laser eye surgery) while I put Isobel to bed. She didn't want to stay asleep though, so I missed ringing in the new year with Jon when he got back as I had to snuggle with Belly. He took over snuggling with her later on in the night. And the next day Belly was sick.

New's Year Day was pretty lazy for us. The three of us took a two hour nap in the late morning. Isobel wanted the couch made into a bed and spend a good part of the rest of the day laying there watching her shows. She had a fever, but started getting really upset in the lat afternoon as she wanted to go outside. So after the caramel corn I was making was finished, we bundled her up into her stroller and went for a walk. She was asleep within minutes. Since Isobel was so cranky, I put her to bed again. She seems to want mommy a little more when she's sick. Jon and I then watched a little of Dollhouse: Season 2 before going to bed ourselves.

On Sunday, Isobel was feeling a little better so we picked up Matty and drove to the Birds house for game day. We managed to play a few games. Isobel took a nap (I had to lay down with her to get her to sleep, but she actually fell asleep at their house). We all had a good time. Stopped at the grocery store on our way to drop Matty back off. Ended up going to bed fairly early as we were all tired.

On Monday, we did some cleaning. Isobel turned 26 months old so we got the traditional picture with penguin. Alida, Triss and the girls came out to visit and exchange Christmas presents in the afternoon. It was really nice to see them. Isobel got spoiled and has lots of new clothes (some of which will not fit her for another year). After they left, Jon made Robyn's chicken stew for dinner while Isobel and I took a bath. Another early night for Isobel as she did not nap and is still not quite back to her usual self.

Tuesday has yet to happen. But the plan is for Jon and I to go to work and Cally to watch her for us. Jon's hoping to be able to check out the gym here in the evening, but I was too tired tonight (Monday) as per our plans. Maybe Wednesday I'll be less tired.

Tuesday didn't end up happening as planned. Isobel was still sick with a fever and wanted Jon to go in the car and pick up mommy "now". So I ended up taking some family time to spend with her. She was so crabby. But I did get her to take a nap and by the evening she seemed improved. Although, I couldn't get her to go to sleep for me at night; Jon had to take over an hour into bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment