Tuesday, January 25, 2011

12/52 - Reading with Daddy

I'm in another one of those moods where I think I let Isobel watch too much TV, so am trying to make an effort to read to her more regularly as well as read in front of her so that she'll grow up to be a reader.

On Wednesday, Michelle came over to watch Isobel for us. After getting off work, I had a tea and lovely visit with Annie before she returned to Saskatoon. I'm really glad that I got to see her on this trip; we all miss her, Chris and the girls but are glad to hear that the prairies are treating them well. I got home and hung out with Michelle and Isobel until Jon got off work. We grabbed some sushi for dinner and then headed over to Leo's for some gaming. Jon and Michelle played a new game that I think has been added to our want list and I saw another game being played that I'm interested to learn more about. Isobel had fun playing with Cindy. It was a fun evening. And despite being super hyper and loaded up on Nibbs, Isobel went to sleep really well when we got home. Michelle met up with a friend and got a ride home with her.

On Thursday, Jon called me to let me know we had gotten a message from Robyn the night before that Cordy and Raven had fevers, so he called into work and took the day to watch Isobel. It was for the best as he's still not over his cold completely yet. They almost came to pick me up at work, but Jon was still not feeling great, so I sky trained it home. We were both too tired to go out grocery shopping in the evening and managed to scrape together something to eat for dinner.

On Friday, Jon and Isobel picked me up from work and then we drove Jon to work. In the afternoon, Isobel and I tidied up and vacuumed the living room. And towards the end, she could be in the same room as the vacuum without crying, but she wouldn't help me even turn it on. So she's a little scared of the vacuum. We then picked up Jon from work and went grocery shopping. Came home, and ended up reading to Isobel before putting her to bed.

I went into work on Saturday, although not for nearly long enough; I missed my babies too much to stay any longer and was too tired to get up any earlier. In the late afternoon we went for a walk to the mall and Isobel fell asleep. She was still asleep in her stroller when we got home. After dinner, we set up Isobel to do some finger painting in the bath tub. And when she was finished, according to us and not her, we removed the paper and her and I took a nice bath to wash away all the paint. I put her to bed in the evening and fell asleep in her room. When I awoke at midnight, Jon was in our bed fast asleep.

On Sunday we had swim lessons. Since the night before Isobel told us she wanted me to go in the pool with her and daddy to take pictures from the side that's what we did. We worked on front and back glides (or rockets). It was fun. As usual, Isobel didn't want to get out of the pool at the end of the lesson. Since my phone was dead we couldn't call Angel to make plans with her, so we went to Drexoll in Kits and called Karla to exchange some books. Karla's gotten us reading the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning and Jon needed the last one which Karla picked up while she was in New Orleans last week. I'm only on the second to last one that I took out of the library for us. We met up with her at a new toy store there. We then headed to Kids Books to look for some new books for Isobel; she found a Dora book she wanted. We then had a sushi lunch and headed home. Isobel did not want to wear a diaper when we went out in the morning, so she was in panties. And no accidents until we were at home and the TV was on to one of her shows. She told us when she had to go potty when she was out. We were both very proud of her. Jon was kind enough to make dinner tonight, chicken lime fajitas (which was an online recipe I wanted to try out). Because of the timing of Isobel's swim lesson's we missed Annika's birthday party; by the time we would have driven to the skating rink in Abbotsford the party would have been over.

Monday was my god-daughter, Annika's, seventh birthday. Cally watched Isobel, as usual on Mondays. Isobel brought her soccer ball with her. We got home and called Annika to wish her a happy birthday from the fort Jon and Isobel had built in the morning. We were hiding in the fort, with the lights out, when Jon arrived home; it wasn't hard for him to find us as Isobel was so excited about hiding she kept giggling. Jon and Isobel took a bath in the evening before bed. We read a bunch of stories and then Jon put Isobel to bed.

Which brings us to Tuesday. Went to work. Picked up Isobel from Matt's as Cally was watching her. Isobel asked Cally "why" all day with her hands on her hips. I took a bath with Isobel in the evening and fell asleep putting her to bed. Jon woke me up and sent me to our bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment