Michelle came over on Wednesday to watch Isobel for us. We walked with her to the mall and then headed over to Jon's work to drop off keys for him. We then mailed my mom's belated birthday present to her, a picture of Isobel as Jon picked up the photos from the weekend in the morning.
I was in training all day on Thursday at work. Robyn and the kids watched Bells and Angel took over from them as I was still at work. In the evening, we went to the fair that is in the mall parking lot, but Isobel was too little to go on any of the rides. Angel spent the night.
Went to work on Friday. It was my week to leave early. We drove Jon to work and then Isobel and I went out for lunch with Lori and Brett (for Brett's birthday the next day). Isobel and I rented a couple of videos - a Dora one and The Fighter. Jon and I watched The Fighter after Isobel had gone to bed; I enjoyed much more than I had expected.
We had a busy weekend. Jon, Matt, Robyn and Raven went to a matinee of Sucker Punch while I stayed home and watched the kids. Michelle came over to help me. Isobel and Cordy played really well together. Cordy was very proud of herself for being able to open and close the doors in our apartment and for being able to turn off Isobel's bedroom light while standing on a stool. I suspect that they're going to be troublemakers as they dragged a stool to the front door and proceeded to unlock the door. I was wondering how long it would take Isobel to start doing this; and I suspect she waited until Cordy was able to help to difuse the amount of trouble she'd get into. After the movie, people stayed for games and pizza. Isobel had lots of fun with Cordy on the balcony yelling "ready, set, go" and racing across the patio. I left early to go make cards at a co-worker's for the evening. Michelle spent the night and watched a lot of Doctor Who (we're almost at the best episode).
Isobel slept on her own until almost 9am. Why can't she do that every weekend?
On Sunday, we did some tidying up in the morning and then took the Canada Line and bus to Granville Island. We had a lovely lunch with Karla, Amy, Bram and baby Annelies. Stopped and got Isobel some paint brushes. Frances, Hoatie and Bowen (Hoatie's son) came over for dinner. Karla was to join us but cancelled at the last minute. We still had a great time playing board games and a great dinner. Hoatie made an awesome salad with beets, spinach, kale, feta and walnuts. The last batch of perogies turned out really well too.
Back to work on Monday. Cally watched Isobel for us at Matt's. Isobel and I took a bath in the evening. Isobel wanted me to put her to bed and she kept asking me "I stay up all night?". Not yet, but I'm sure I won't have a choice once you're a teenager. We both eventually fell asleep. Jon woke me to go to bed.
I had a conference downtown in the morning on Tuesday. Cally watched Isobel for us again. We picked up Jon when he got home from work and did some grocery shopping. Came home and watched Tangled as Jon and Isobel got it for me as an early birthday present.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
21/52 - Isobel and Cordy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment